Wednesday 7 November 1990

Thanks For Your Local Knowledge

THANKS FOR YOUR LOCAL KNOWLEDGE

A letter, dated 6th November 1990, from HTV West, The Television Centre, Bath Road, Bristol, BS4 3HG, to Danny Howell:

Dear Danny,

It's hard to believe that we have shot not only the Warminster and Imber HIGHWAY, but also one in Evesham, and that I'm well on the way to shooting a Forest Of Dean HIGHWAY. And it's because I haven't been able to be in the office very often, that I'm writing to you only now.

I just wanted to say thank you for being so helpful, both to myself and to our location manager, Chris. It's wonderful to walk into a library and find someone who has the local knowledge combined with an understanding of the needs of the programme-maker.

Let's hope there'll be more opportunities to film in your beautiful part of the world - and I'll certainly give you a ring when I'm next down.

Very best wishes in your work - and thanks again for your patient efforts on our behalf.

Yours, Sandra Jones, Researcher.

P.S. The programme's due for transmission this coming Sunday, 11th November, at 6.40 p.m.